Washoe County Bar Association celebrated its 100th Anniversary on January 12, 2005. Formed by a small group of dedicated Reno lawyers to further professionalism and ethics, WCBA continues that work today.
Join WCBA 2019 (New members please fill out application) 2019 Member Application
Renew your dues for 2019 Click to renew or join online
Find local legal news, an RSS feed for national legal news, archived, searchable Writ articles, a calendar, expanded links to research sites, Court news, and a searchable up-to-date member directory with e-mail links. We’ve added a public information page to assist the public in finding legal assistance.
Your reference tool to lawyers, courts, government agencies and law firms in Northern Nevada. Each member receives one free Directory as a benefit of membership. Published annually for August delivery.
Build your practice with Find A Lawyer—over 2000 searches in 2017! WCBA members can choose to be listed in select practice areas. Listings are included in the Pictorial Directory and are searchable at 2018 Find A Lawyer Signup Deadline is April 30, 2018, for the 2018-19. Directory.
Your monthly newsletter with substantive columns, news, calendar and classifieds. Writ articles are searchable on this site (members only).
WCBA’s monthly e-newsletter that keeps you informed in between issues of The Writ. Bar Flash! includes up-to-date court and Bar news, events and links for registration forms or more details. Only WCBA members with listed e-mail addresses receive Bar Flash!
Members save 15% off all ABA books. Please visit ABA BOOK SALE (enter code WCBAR)
Discounts on CLE programs, advertising and mailing list rental. WCBA members save on all CLE programs.
Following are discounts available to WCBA members, please click to visit their websites and find out more.
* Dickson Realty – Kristen Gil, a Salesperson/Broker, hasoffered WCBA members and their clients a member benefit of a $1,000 credit toward a buyer or seller’s closing costs at the close of escrow for residential real estate transactions.
* Dillon Health – Long Term Disability Insurance
* Front Office Staffing – Our Virtual Receptionist Service can save your firm up to 30K per year. Weather you are a large or small firm or you just want back up when your paralegal is doing legal research or on an important task…Maximize your billable hours “Let Us Be Your Answer”
* “Grate” Detections
* Maid Right – Take $25 off the first three cleaning services (for a total discount of $75). To take advantage of this discount, please call 775.298.4442 and mention the WCBA member benefit discount.
* Truckee Meadows Pest Control – $50 initial discount on pest control services. Please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
* St. Mary’s Health Club
WCBA luncheons feature a variety of programs, from candidate debates to CLE presentations. WCBA meets at Harrah’s Third Floor Convention Center on the second Wednesday of each month. Join us for interesting speakers, CLE credit and friendly conversation. Reservations paid in advance are $25 for members and $35 for non-members which includes CLE if provided that month. Reservation paid at the door are $35. Please visit the event’s page for upcoming events.
WCBA sponsors several public service events throughout the year along with hosting judicial investiture receptions, the receptions following the swearing-in of new admittees. WCBA also sponsors the High School Mock Trial Competition in Northern Nevada with funding from the Washoe County Bar Foundation. WCBA provides substantial financial assistance to Washoe Legal Services and the Legal Resource Fund.
Call WCBA Executive Director, Gina MacLellan at 775-786-4494.