Updated Directory labels
Download Word file to print Avery 2160 labels with updated addresses and new member info.
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2600 hits in 2015-2016. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Applications and renewals will be sent soon. Deadline to be included in the 2016-17 Directory is April 29, 2016 (no exceptions.)
Interviews for applicants applying for Seat G of the Nevada Supreme Court have been scheduled for October 17-18, 2016 at the Supreme Court Courtroom in Carson City. Interviews will be webcast and can be viewed on the Supreme Court website. http://nvcourts.gov/supreme
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
October 12, 2016
1 Hour CLE Ethics
Presented by: Ryan Sullivan
Ryan will help you understand why is it so hard for attorneys to take care of themselves. Ryan will also talk about attorney diligence, competence, and effective client communication based on the Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct.
Noon, Harrah’s Convention Center
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Cartoon Caption: Will the record reflect that the witness is a robot?
- Houston gunman was a good lawyer, former law partner says
- Top state court should toss 24,000 convictions connected to disgraced chemist, ACLU says
- These law firms make up the litigation ‘fearsome foursome,’ general counsel survey finds
- Americans’ view of Supreme Court rebounds; is eight-member court the reason?
- Do you know it all? Test your legal news knowledge with our weekly quiz!
- Illinois law reducing civil juries to six people is unconstitutional, state’s top court rules
- Proskauer aims to help lawyers returning from caregiver leave with this benefit
- Officers fatally shoot lawyer who opened fire at strip mall; he had law firm ‘issues,’ police say
- How lawyers can bring mindfulness into their practice (podcast)