Don’t Forget to Renew your 2016 Membership. You can now renew your dues online by clicking the link below.
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars and audio CLE, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2500 hits in 2014-2015. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Download Find a Lawyer form 2015. Deadline to be included in the 2015-16 Directory is April 30, 2015 (no exceptions.)
You can join and add your listing online at any time.
Judge Patrick Flanagan unanimously elected Chief Judge for the Second Judicial District Court
March 9, 2016 Luncheon
State of the U.S. District Courts in Nevada with the
Honorable Larry Hicks
12Noon – Harrah’s
1 Hour CLE Credit
Please RSVP by Monday,
March 7, 2016
High School Mock Trial Regional Competition,
February 19, 2016
Bruce Thompson Federal Courthouse
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Blank Rome announces Dickstein Shapiro acquisition; over 100 remaining lawyers will make the move
- Tougher, simpler bar-passage requirements for law schools to be considered by ABA committee
- Aaron Sorkin will adapt ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ for Broadway
- DOJ sues Ferguson one day after it sought changes in proposed policing pact
- Should all states adopt the Uniform Bar Examination?
- Judge wants to know why State Department missed the deadline for release of final Clinton emails
- In SCOTUS first, court stays clean power rule pending DC Circuit review; four justices dissent
- These common mistakes can lead to lawyer ethics complaints
- Law firms collect larger capital contributions and are slower to repay departing partners
- Avvo offers fixed-fee legal services through an attorney network in 18 states