Don’t Forget to Renew your 2016 Membership. You can now renew your dues online by clicking the link below.
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars and audio CLE, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2600 hits in 2015-2016. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Applications and renewals will be sent soon. Deadline to be included in the 2016-17 Directory is April 29, 2016 (no exceptions.)
Mandatory Electronic Filing Expands at the Second Judicial District Court
Electronic filing Article
Federal CJA Panel Applications
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
May 11, 2016 Luncheon
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- You don’t need unwitting party for conspiracy conviction, SCOTUS says
- Colorado Supreme Court overturns fracking bans enacted by cities
- Suit says Starbucks puts too much ice in cups; rep calls it ‘essential component’ of iced drink
- Scalia name change for George Mason law school shows viewpoint diversity, says university president
- Court ruling suggests using fingerprint ID on smartphone may be riskier than traditional password
- Struggling Slater & Gordon makes deal with lenders, boosting stock price, but won’t pay dividends
- ‘Uncle Sam, Esq.’ employs more than 25,000 lawyers
- Patricia Timmons-Goodson nominated for long-vacant seat on federal court bench
- Lawyers, judges and bar groups celebrate Law Day 2016 around the country
- PricewaterhouseCoopers hires ‘stunningly low’ number of people over 40, says age-discrimination suit