Washoe County Bar Association was incorporated in 1905 to serve the legal community in Reno and Sparks, Nevada. It now has over 1300 members throughout Northern Nevada. The Bar’s mission is to further professionalism, ethics and service in the practice of law.
Today, Washoe County Bar Association offers services reflecting that mission to its 1300 members in northern Nevada and to the public through professional and community programs.
- To join WCBA, click for a membership form.
- The Writ is a monthly newsletter with association news, columns on legal news, classified ads and a calendar. Selected columns are available as searchable documents (members only) on this site at the Publications link. You can find the most recent issue of the Writ in PDF format on the Publications link. Advertising rates are also available on the Publications link.
- Our Annual Pictorial Directory is published each summer and is a reference to the courts, government agencies, law firms and individual attorneys in northern Nevada. Directory order forms and advertising rates are available on the Publications link.
- WCBA’s Judicial Performance Survey is held in even-numbered years to evaluate the performance of judges in the Nevada Supreme Court, Second Judicial District Court, Washoe County Justice of the Peace Courts and Reno/Sparks Municipal Courts.
Previous Survey Results
- 2016 Summary
- 2014 Summary
- 2012 Summary
- 2010 Summary
- WCBA meets monthly on the second Wednesday of each month (except for January, July and, August) at 12 noon at Harrah’s Convention Center in Reno. Luncheons frequently feature continuing legal education along with speakers and programs of special interest to our members.
See the Events Page for events and reservation forms.
- WCBA supports the Washoe County Legal Resources and the volunteer lawyers program of Washoe Legal Services through a dues assessment to members. In 2012, WCBA contributed $15,000 to each entity.
Justin James Bustos
Chair, Social Events