Judicial Survey results released
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2600 hits in 2015-2016. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Applications and renewals will be sent soon. Deadline to be included in the 2016-17 Directory is April 29, 2016 (no exceptions.)
Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection Accepting Applications for Open Supreme Court Seat. The vacancy initiated by the August 12 retirement of Justice Nancy Saitta.
The deadline for submitting applications is 5:00pm on September 9
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
September 14, 2016
Reno Muni Court Candidates O’Neill v. Woodman Sparks Muni Court Candidates Lee v. Longley
Noon, Harrah’s Convention Center
Co-sponsored with the State Bar TIP Program
September 22, 2016
5:00 to 7:00pm
Wild River Grille
Open to All. No registration required.
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Are you clued in? Take the ABA Journal’s weekly news quiz and prove you know it all
- Telltale signs of a union are confirmed: Andrews Kurth acquires all of Kenyon’s lawyers
- Bite-mark expert stands by his testimony, though he can’t recall much about it
- Is it time to leave your current job? (podcast)
- The F-word is making more frequent appearances in appellate opinions
- Biography of Posner reveals his childhood nickname and ‘Poze knows’ teen catchphrase
- Chicago police have shot 262 people in 6 years; about 80% were black men, newspaper reports
- Mike Pence once authored a comic strip about law school
- Arizona AG asks for mass dismissal of multiple ADA cases; calls lawyer’s tactics ‘systemic abuse’
- Rapper goes to law school in pursuit of stability