Updated Directory labels
Download Word file to print Avery 2160 labels with updated addresses and new member info.
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2600 hits in 2015-2016. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Applications and renewals will be sent soon. Deadline to be included in the 2016-17 Directory is April 29, 2016 (no exceptions.)
Interviews for applicants applying for Seat G of the Nevada Supreme Court have been scheduled for October 17-18, 2016 at the Supreme Court Courtroom in Carson City. Interviews will be webcast and can be viewed on the Supreme Court website. http://nvcourts.gov/supreme
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
October 12, 2016
1 Hour CLE Ethics
Presented by: Ryan Sullivan
Ryan will help you understand why is it so hard for attorneys to take care of themselves. Ryan will also talk about attorney diligence, competence, and effective client communication based on the Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct.
Noon, Harrah’s Convention Center
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Are millennials job hoppers? In-house lawyers vary on the answer based on their generation
- Alabama chief justice is blocked from office for a second time
- Florida Supreme Court approves mandatory tech CLE classes for lawyers
- SCOTUS accepts case of autistic child to rule on education benefits for kids with disabilities
- 10 Questions Live: How lawyer Phillip Stone brought Sweet Briar College back to life
- Law banning ballot selfies violates First Amendment, federal appeals court says
- Does ban on merchant labeling swipe fee a ‘surcharge’ violate free speech? SCOTUS to decide
- Supreme Court accepts sanctions case involving two lawyers representing Goodyear
- Chemerinsky: What to look for in the new Supreme Court term
- The leadership opportunity for law schools