Judicial Survey results will be released mid July. Thank you for participating!
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2600 hits in 2015-2016. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Applications and renewals will be sent soon. Deadline to be included in the 2016-17 Directory is April 29, 2016 (no exceptions.)
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
No lunch meetings in July or August. Our next luncheon is September 14
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Judge bars Macy’s from detaining and fining alleged shoplifters
- 2nd Circuit tosses $7.25B swipe-fee settlement; concurring judge calls it a ‘confiscation’
- Book Review: ‘Tom & Lucky (And George & Cokey Flo)’
- Subject of ‘Serial’ podcast gets a new trial; judge says trial lawyer didn’t question cellphone data
- Can city sue mortgage lenders over alleged fair-housing violations? Supreme Court to decide
- Pentagon lifts ban on transgender troops
- Supreme Court to consider antitrust cases involving ATM fees
- Who are the world’s richest practicing lawyers? Some on the list went to prison
- America’s 5 ‘deadliest’ prosecutors are named; is capital sentencing ‘personality driven’?
- Chemerinsky: The year the law did not change