Updated Directory labels
Download Word file to print Avery 2160 labels with updated addresses and new member info.
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2600 hits in 2015-2016. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Applications and renewals will be sent soon. Deadline to be included in the 2016-17 Directory is April 29, 2016 (no exceptions.)
Members of the Nevada Supreme Court and the Nevada Court of Appeals welcome new Clerk of the Court Elizabeth Brown. Elizabeth Brown becomes 17th Supreme Court Clerk of the Court to serve since 1864 when Nevada became a state. Full press release
The Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection today named three nominees to fill Seat G on the Nevada Supreme Court made vacant by the retirement of Justice Nancy M. Saitta.
The nominees were selected following interviews by the Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection Oct. 17 – 18 in Carson City. The names and applications of the finalists have been sent to Governor Brian Sandoval, who will appoint a new Justice from the list.
The Commission’s three nominees for the open seat, in alphabetical order, are:
• Elissa F. Cadish, 52, Las Vegas, Judge
• Mark Ralph Denton, 65, Las Vegas, Judge
• Lidia S. Stiglich, 46, Reno, Judge
A total of nine attorneys submitted applications for the vacancy. Applicants had to be Nevada attorneys with two years of residency and 15 years of legal experience.
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
November 17, 2016
2:00 to 5:15pm
Entertaining Ethics with
3 Hours CLE Ethics including
1 Hour Substance Abuse
On October 19, The Nevada Supreme Court held the admissions ceremony to swear-in the new admittees.
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Cruz hints GOP won’t vote on Scalia replacement if Clinton wins; the idea gains some support
- University of Nebraska launches program encouraging more attorneys in state’s rural areas
- Chemerinsky: Supreme Court braces for another term with only 8 justices
- Lawyer attributes his dozing at trial to cold medicine; 11 jurors said they noticed
- Who would Clinton nominate to Supreme Court? Typical criteria indicate this judge could be the one
- Cartoon Caption: Wake up and smell the coffee
- Fired general counsel sues for alleged gender and age bias, claims pay talk was banned
- What nonwork pursuits have you noted on your resume?
- AARP suit claims wellness-program regulations allow employers to coerce participation
- DA’s office flip flops on whether Justin Timberlake is being investigated for ballot selfie