RENEW TODAY OR JOIN WCBA
WCBA membership for 2017 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 1600 hits since the beginning of 2016 plus numerous phone inquiries. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Signup for online listing now.
Congratulations to our newest judges & Supreme Court Justice!
Shelly O’Neill, Reno Muni Court, Dept #2
Tammy Riggs, Reno Muni Court, Dept #4
Jessica Longley, Sparks Justice Court #3
Lidia Stiglich,Governor Brian Sandoval appointed Justice Stiglich from her seat on the Second Judicial District Court to the Supreme Court on Nov. 10. Justice Stiglich will take the oath of office on Dec. 5 in Las Vegas.
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
December 14, 2016
12:00 pm – Harrah’s
Honoring our 40 Year Club Inductees / Holiday Party
December 15, 2016
11:30am to 3:45pm –
Bruce Thompson Federal Courthouse
4 Hours CLE Credit
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- Judge who let law clerk rule on cases has Alzheimer’s diagnosis, is unable to do job, complaint says
- Jurors award more than $1B in hip implant case
- Sons of Ethel Rosenberg make last-ditch plea for presidential exoneration
- SiriusXM agrees to pay up to $99M in copyright class action brought by Turtles members
- Public defender is found in contempt for refusing cases; DA asks state supreme court to intervene
- 10 to 15 law schools could close if enrollment keeps shrinking, higher-ed market analyst says
- Does federal law forbid workplace discrimination against gays? Full 7th Circuit hears arguments
- Mandatory tech CLE: An idea whose time has come
- In just-released video, Posner calls chief justice a ‘terrible’ manager, blasts ‘stupid’ opinions
- Law firm is ordered to pay nearly $27K for suit over bad online reviews