Don’t Forget to Renew your 2016 Membership. You can now renew your dues online by clicking the link below.
WCBA membership for 2016 offers access to all publications, The Writ delivered to your mail box, discounts on CLE seminars and audio CLE, optional listings in Find A Lawyer and the ADR sections of the Directory and more. Click below to join now.
Find A Lawyer
The Bar’s Find A Lawyer program garnered over 2500 hits in 2014-2015. Participants in Find A Lawyer must be a member of WCBA. Download Find a Lawyer form 2015. Deadline to be included in the 2015-16 Directory is April 30, 2015 (no exceptions.)
You can join and add your listing online at any time.
Judge Patrick Flanagan unanimously elected Chief Judge for the Second Judicial District Court
February 10, 2016 Luncheon
Please join us as District Attorney, Christopher Hicks presents an overview of the Washoe County District Attorney’s Office.
12Noon – Harrah’s
1 Hour CLE Credit
Please RSVP by Monday,
February 8, 2016
High School Mock Trial Regional Competition,
February 19, 2016
Bruce Thompson Federal Courthouse
Law Practice Tips Blog
Jim Calloway writes an entertaining and informative blog about managing your law practice.. Find it here.
Current Legal News
News from ABA Journal
- New roster of ABA officer nominees sends a message about the importance of diversity and inclusion
- Spirit of Excellence Award recipients share stories of achievement over adversity
- Younger lawyers are most at risk for substance abuse and mental health problems, a new study reports
- Homeless services model aims to provide military veterans with housing and legal assistance
- Lawyers get a peek at the struggles in life and law on the Mexican border
- Documentary makes ‘stand your ground’ laws personal
- How to interrupt bias in the workplace
- Law firm among pioneering employers who OK worker use of medical marijuana
- Self-driving cars will soon be street-legal, and California is getting a jump on regulating them
- SCOTUS justices ‘don’t work as Democrats or Republicans,’ Roberts says